Hair transplantation It is a surgical technique that moves hair follicles from a vicinity of the body known as the ‘donor site’ to a bald or hairless part of the body called the ‘recipient site’. It’s primarily used to treat male pattern depilation or Baldness. During this minimally invasive procedure, grafts containing hair follicles that are genetically immune to hairless, is transplanted to the bald scalp.
Hair transplantation also can be to restore eyebrows, eyelashes, chest hair, beard hair & to fill in scars caused by accidents or surgery like face-lifts and former hair transplants. Hair transplantation differs from skin affixation or grafting, these grafts contain the majority of the (cuticle) epidermis and (corium) dermis encompassing the follicle, and plenty of little grafts area unit transplanted instead of one strip of skin.
Why should a person undergo hair transplantation?
- Hair loss can have distressing effects on psychological and emotional well-being as well as the quality of life of the affected individual.
- Hair transplant surgery is an excellent treatment option for chronic hair loss that does not respond to medical therapy.
- Hair transplantation offers natural and undetectable results.
Hair transplantation Prerequisite
- The physician performing hair transplantation should be qualified to perform the procedure. He/She should have a completed post-graduation training in dermatology; and additional training in dermatosurgery.
- He/she should be trained under the supervision of an appropriately experienced hair transplant surgeon and acquire specific hair transplantation training or experience.
- He/She should also gain knowledge about local anaesthesia and emergency resuscitation and care
THE HAIR TRANSPLANT TEAM:
Right from the planning stage until the execution, hair transplantation involves many hands and brains; it is a team effort. A well trained and qualified team of trained assistants is an important aspect of successful conduct of the procedure.
Hair transplant techniques
- FUT (FOLLICULAR TRANSPLANTATION UNIT)
- FUE (FOLLICULAR UNIT EXTRACTION)
- DHI (DIRECT HAIR IMPLANT)
Determining that hair transplant technique is correct for you could be a matter of personal alternative which can be based on factors like procedure time, cost, time that you simply willing to attend for results, and also the variety of procedures needed regardless of the technique chosen, below are some obligatory steps that require to be followed
1. Planning: Identifying the “acceptable candidate”, “donor area” and the technique that can be used is the essential first step. Hence every procedure is individualized and planned considering the patient who is being treated
2. Graft preparation: After extraction of the follicles from the donor area, efforts are made to avoid damage and physical injury to these follicles. They need to be kept moist and cool. Preparation, storing, and handling of grafts is very important and is done by a highly trained and skilled staff
3. Preparation of the recipient area based on the primary focus of the hair transplant
4. Anaesthesia using 2% lignocaine with adrenaline most preferred option; the tumescent technique is preferred.
5. Graft placement: Should be done by a specialist to obtain maximum results. Hair calibre and number of hair in the given location is considered before placement of the graft. This requires extensive, specialized training and experience
We at Dermecare make sure you get the best HAIR which Glamorizes the new YOU! To book an appointment with our doctors, please click on the below button. Consultation is absolutely FREE!!